Outreach: “Love your neighbor as yourself”
Outreach at St. Paul’s stems from our desire to respond to God’s love and share the blessings God has given us with the rest of the world. Outreach is central to who we are as a church. Here’s is just a portion of our ministry:
- Community Garden-raising food for the local food pantry and beyond. Non-church members are invited to participate in this outreach. Just call us at 586-752-3212 and we’ll get you information so you can be hooked into the Community Garden Facebook page so you can get updates. Garden Night is every Tuesday @ 6:30 thru October.
- “His Table” – cooking and serving meals for home bound and low income families.
- Grace House Mission – Helping residents in a poor Appalachian community with home improvements and other needs.
- Volunteering time at the Health Fair sponsored by Second Mile Center in Detroit.
- Serving at the Health Fair at Second Mile Center in Detroit. Please go to their website for more information http://secondmilecenter.org
- Volunteering at the local food pantry Samaritan House. Samaritan House is a Michigan non-profit tax exempt organization existing to assist our neighbors and has been given 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service. It is operated by seventeen Christian churches in the Romeo-Washington-Bruce-Ray, Macomb, Shelby, Armada area. Support comes from the contributions of churches, businesses, civic organizations, and individuals that believe in and want to be a part of this work. They welcome all as a donor, volunteer, or visitor.
- Share a meal with MCREST (Macomb County Rotational Shelter)
- Cooking and serving a meal at “His Table.” We are cooking a meal at Romeo United Methodist Church for those who are on fixed incomes, shut-ins, and the homeless. We will begin cooking the meal at 3:00 pm and serve the meal at 5:30 pm. After the guests have been served we will also sit and eat with them. Children are welcome to participate in preparing the meal and/or serving. Check the Events Page for the next date.